As businesses look for fast growth, chronic skills gaps combined with a mismatch between demand and supply of talent means that retaining and getting the right people in the right places at the right time has become very critical. Hence, developing the next generation of leaders is the key to drive this planned growth.
Strengthening the Organization
In this context establishing the leadership bench strength has become one of the top most priorities of the strategy. Apollo Hospitals has taken the initiative of introducing the concept of a “Chairman’s Club” to build the talent pipeline of leaders who would steer the organization and make it stronger.
In order to sustain this pace of growth, AHEL needed to identify key talent and groom them to take on increasingly relevant roles to help grow the business into the future. This can be done by:
• Identifying, managing and developing its administration doctors and managers for current and for future business plans.
• Establishing processes to measure competence
• Creating a range of developmental tools and processes to provide tailored approaches depending on the individual employee needs
• Identifying ways to obtain and retain those who are critical to success
• Establishing suitable approaches to deal with those who no longer fit organization requirements
Read the whole case study here >>