Why use a business simulation?
Business simulations are a hands-on, interactive learning experience that allow participants to truly engage in the material. Instead of focusing on theoretical knowledge like in a typical classroom, participants build skills, improve conceptual knowledge, and gain a big picture view of the organization all at once. There are many benefits to using business simulations in your company, including:
- Imitates Reality. Our simulations emulate the real-world factors and challenges that your organization faces. Give your people a big-picture view of operations by scaling everything down to a smaller scale.
- Risk-free environment. Your people will be able to learn from their mistakes in a safe environment and see the consequences of their actions across the whole organization – without actually affecting your organization.
- Stimulates co-operation. Working in cross-functional teams stimulates conversation and co-operation between colleagues. These conversations create peer-to-peer learning, and open up your people to better understand the different perspectives in your organization.
- Learning by doing. It is said that we remember 10% of what we read, 20% of what we hear, 70% of what we discuss with others, and 80% of personally experience. A business simulation allows your people to personally experience the consequences of all the different aspects of business.
- Engages learners. Experiential, hands-on learning engages all the senses. Participants visualize, discuss, plan, receive feedback, and practice real techniques that they will use in the workplace.
- Accelerated learning. A simulation provides a big picture view of operations, meaning that participants are able to grasp a wide range of concepts and materials in a short period of time. By relating their new learnings back to their own company, stickiness increases and the knowledge follows back to the workplace.